Room air filters?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IPLUMB

Aug 18, 2006
Who uses one? What one do you have. M insert causes alot of dust, Mainly because my furnace is't on. I do run my blower now and then but what to get a room filter any advise? living room is 308 SF THANKS

For air filtration in my basement office I looked at pretty much everything out there. Most of the stuff costs a ton of money and filters are outrageous. It wouldn't be esthetically pleasing for a living room but I ended up with a twenty inch box fan and a 20X20 high performance furnace filter attached to the back of it. Instead of $185 rig I ended up with a $16 set, fan and filter, that filters a bunch of air and catches stuff down to the tiny particle level. And replacement filters are only five bucks each.

You could probably find a smaller more eye appealing fan and smaller filters.

I have a new stove in a new house(to me) and I am noticing alot of dust as well. Not ashes/dust like you would expect around the stove area, but across the room on the TV. Television screens are dust magnets I know but I have been cleaning it daily...run your fingers accross it 24hrs later and it's covered, all the while the stove is dust free! Can't figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.