Room blower not going over 1

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyp

Jan 5, 2006
VT
Started up the stove (the smallest englander 2005 or so) for the first time this year and thought my room air blower wasn't working. opened the back today to find the screw that keep it attached to the stove loose and the blower hanging down.

So I reattached it. But it is working but not going higher than a 1 setting. I can turn it to 0 and it turns off and to a 1 and it turns on and spins but goes no more. I had a thermostat hooked up but it never seemed to work so I left it hooked up and just set it manually for years. the thermostat never worked to control anything.

So I just jumpered the thermostat wires to see if that was it but it still just stays on 1.

So what do you think control panel? Is there any way to rig the blower to turn on higher? I see in the troubleshooting that you can test it with the auger motor connections. I wonder if that will run it on full go?

any thoughts on what this could be?

I would use and old extension cord, appliance cord and wire it to the fan. Should go on full. Don't forget to unplug the stove first.

If the fan still goes low speed then the motor is going and you need a new fan. If the fan is a full speed then it is something else causing the low speed issue.

Keep us posted.
jay

Do exactly what jay said.

Status
Not open for further replies.