Room cooler with blower on high......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You could be right, but a few points. Its been consistently cold here, extremely cold for the last 2 weeks, so i have a base line i feel. I have never reached the temps that i have for the last 2 days now, and im using that exact same wood. Another thing i am noticing is my hot peak temp is staying put for at least 1 extra hour during my burns. I wish someone else would try this and see there results.
It could well be making a diff in your setup.
Maybe with the fan running slower the air has more of a chance to heat up before entering the room even.
I think with a insert the effects of a fan could be more noticeable either way.

Several people have. Including me. It's a fact. Slower moving air picks up more heat moving over the stove and moves it out into the living space as warmer air.

I think what you are trying to say is that the blower might cool the secondary air so much that it retards the secondary flames. If so I believe that makes more sense than any cooling of the top of the stove (exhaust manifold) would have.
Yeah. All the rest of the firebox is insulated by firebrick and ceramic boards/baffles. The only thing with a direct metal-to-metal connection with the outside is the space between the firebricks and secondary rail, and the pre-heating chamber of the secondary (vertical stack in back of box, for me). All the rest is insulated and reflecting heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.