Room filling with smoke

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zoltancsete

Jan 12, 2011
wisconsin
I bought a house last year that has an "earth wood stove". it's an insert into an existing brick fireplace. I used it a coupld of times last year and noticed it got a little smokey in the room. So, this summer i had it checked out and the repair guys said that basically i needed a new insert, this one is approx. 30 years old. he said that the flue coming out of the unit is not very adaptable to the liner system in place. They took it apart and then put it back together. Well, i used it for the firts time this weekend and the room filled with smoke, a lot of smoke. you could see smoke leaking out from behind the (flashing? i dont know what you call the piece that surrounds the fireplace). Seems to be a problem with the connection. I dont see any reason that i need a new fireplace insert when this one seems fine, seems like more of a connection problem. Any ideas or anyone heard of something like this.

Attachments

• fireplace.png
    fireplace.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 175
Status
Not open for further replies.