Room Temp Sensor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rizks_2000

Feb 17, 2009
Fairbanks, Alaska
Does anyone know if Harman makes a "longer" sensor than the one which comes with the stove. I believe the sensor being made longer would enable a person to run it farther away from the stove. I see a problem here because the sensor is basically too close to the stove. I often find it difficult to find that sweet spot to put the sensor tip at where my stove runs off the true room temp. I'll set the thing for 75 degrees and if I don't have my sensor placed properly, the stove will continue to heat, even past the set room temp.

Just add thermostat wire to it, I think 25 ft is the limit. I run mine along the base molding then up behind the hutch in the dinning room

BXpellet said:
Just add thermostat wire to it, I think 25 ft is the limit. I run mine along the base molding then up behind the hutch in the dinning room

Same here!
I soldered the splices and has worked great.
We also had the same problem with the room temp overshooting.
Has not happened since.

Status
Not open for further replies.