Root Ripper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Get Wood

Nov 23, 2012
Flinton Ontario
I was in New York a couple weeks ago looking for a front end loader for my tractor and ran across this root ripper, ask the guy if it was for sale, he said $100.00 and I said sold.
This thing is amazing I can't believe how well it works. Clearing land where we are going to build.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    338.3 KB · Views: 1,463
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 1,743
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    485.5 KB · Views: 518
Yup. That will rip some roots for sure.

"Hello. Miss Utility?" ;lol

That thing this is sweet piece of gear. First one I have seen.

Reactions: osagebow and ScotO
very cool and simple tool there.....looks like it could do some serious business!

That'll make quick work of those smaller roots for sure. Like BB, I've never seen one of those before. I'd say you did good for a hundred bucks!

I'd say you did good for a hundred bucks!

Yes that was a good price. I had planned on buying one this winter for $500.00. This one is old and made with a lot better steel. Now I don't have to worry where I will put the other one to bring it home next spring.

Amazing how cleanly the roots come out of your soil. Around here it's all clay, and root balls come up in heavy, sticky, monolithic clods.

I grew up just a ccouple hours south of Pittsburg so I know what you are talking about.
We are very lucky to have found this place last year. We have 64 acres of sandy soil and very few rocks. It is a small strip through an area that has a lot of lakes and big rock outcroppings.

You can buy them new for $100, but yours is much nicer than the new ones. Good buy!

Yes, I own a subsoiler which is the same thing. They are meant to break up compaction down deep, the plow pan to allow water and air in and out of the soil.

Some guys get creative with these and can install underground pipe and wire.

Right on Highbeam. As a young lad I remember many times using the old subsoiler. Made our old John Deere really snort.

It's got to be one of the hardest loads I've ever put on a tractor. You bury that subsoiler so the tooth is about 20" deep and the shoe of it actually heaves the ground all the way up to the surface. When you finally lift the tool out of the ground the shoe is actually warm to the touch from friction.

Status
Not open for further replies.