Rose Install: Part 2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stax

Minister of Fire
Dec 22, 2010
Southeastern PA
Pic 1 is finishing the hole in the kaowool board for the block off plate. I used two .75" pieces.

Pic 2 is myself (blue shirt) getting absolutely squeezed trying to put the block off plate into place. For those attempting this, precut 2x4's the distance from floor to where block off plate will sit. Doing this will hold block off plate in place while you secure it to thimble or inside of fireplace.

Pic 3 is block off plate installed that needs to be sealed.

Pic 4 sealed block off plate. I used 3M FireBlock for the flanges and Rutland Furnance cement for where liner contacts block off plate.

Pic 5 is a small plaque on back wall of fireplace notifying legal use of altered fireplace. Lol, I hope it stays.

Attachments

• IMG_1315.jpg
    IMG_1315.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_1327.jpg
    IMG_1327.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_1328.jpg
    IMG_1328.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 455
  • IMG_1331.jpg
    IMG_1331.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 479
  • IMG_1332.jpg
    IMG_1332.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 508
Love the plaque.

I used a lot of the 3m fireblock stuff and it seems to hold up pretty well.

Nice block off plate job. Thats the only way to seal off those nasties from that insulation and really adds to that fire stop. A+. No lazzy part on your end. ;-)
Cheers

Stax said:
Thanks gents. More to come tonight.

Lookin' good Stax! I like your blockoff plate too.. You'll be burning in no time..

Ray

Absolutely stoked ray. Looking forward to getting this baby fired up!

Status
Not open for further replies.