Rotten Day Cutting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CT-Mike

Minister of Fire
Mar 22, 2008
New England
I don't think I have ever pinched the bar more times than today. Also widow-makered/barber chaired one tree, but was able to get it on the ground with no one getting hurt and only costing me a chain.

I guess it was better than a good day at work.

Agreed Jags, and I have them in the garage, was just too stubborn to go get them.

I've pinched the bar a few times but never ruined a chain.

I've pinched the bar a few times but never ruined a chain.

The tree that barber chaired sat back on the bar and pinched the chain (before it barber chaired). Had to removed the power head and get the other saw. While doing that the wind was moving the tree around quite a bit which caused it to grind on the chain and destroyed it.

Agreed Jags, and I have them in the garage, was just too stubborn to go get them.

I forget the wedges some times ( all the time lol ) and end up making a wedge from a downed tree when I know i will need it.

Pete

I've definitely improvised with limbs as a wedge.

I forget the wedges some times ( all the time lol ) and end up making a wedge from a downed tree when I know i will need it.

Pete

Reactions: Hickorynut
Everyone has days like that.
You kept your head in the game & no one got hurt. ;)

Take the days experiences as a day of learning & it'll turn the rotten day into a good day ;)

" Is that a wedge in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?" "No, its a wedge."

Reactions: MasterMech
Status
Not open for further replies.