Rotting Pine/Update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
This pine will come down this weekend with the help of this new 50 foot 5/16 inch cable plus what we have on the winch on the Rhino. I'll need to pull this away from the natural lean, I'll have a better picture Friday.

I also plan on making use of the cable on some of the wood on the side hills I cut on, attached are some pictures. After taking some pictures this morning I might just let it fall in it's natural direction.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_2688.jpg
    100_2688.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 220
  • 100_2687.jpg
    100_2687.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 219
Smart man Zap. $50 in cable to extend the reach of your winch saves a lot of work and reduces the chance of bodily injury or damage to equipment being driven where it shouldn't. I see one of those chainsaw winches that someone keeps posting in my future.

Always best to let Mother Nature work with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.