Rough day.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfitz3

Feeling the Heat
Jan 6, 2015
Northern Michigan
Notice anything a bit off?
image.jpg
I'm clearing debris from a logging path, on my way towards a nice fallen maple. Get off the tractor to partially cut a stack of logs/branches so the grapple can work its magic without making a monster pile of branch quagmire. The chainsaw stops working. Won't start. Sounds bad. Crap. I'm ready to call it a day anyway, I get back in the tractor to head home, but first... Let's just move the recently made-easy stuff out of the way. I lower the teeth into the branches, move forward, and all but instantly, see the above. The pin holding the loader to the frame had popped out (and landed 4 feet away) and the grapple torqued to the left as seen above. Called a neighbor who came with his tractor. We were able to get it back on after a half hour or so. Things *look* straight! but we'll see how she goes on and off in the future.

On the bright side... The chainsaw seems like a trivial issue now. Also, when I thanked the neighbor for coming to my aid, he made the comment that "at (his) age, he realizes that good neighbors are far more important than a good president." We differ in political beliefs, but can definitely agree on neighborliness.

It was a good day.

Please... I hope nobody makes political comments on this.

Nothing like good neighbours :) ... Glad it doesn't look like significant damage. What kind of tractor?

Reactions: bfitz3
Orange tells it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.