Roxul and block off plate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CheaperthanYou

Feb 11, 2013
Levittown
Another Roxul and block off plate question, and a thanks or all of the previous help and andwers.

I made my block off plate today and it came out ok. I need to seal it and screw it in.

I put the Roxul above it. Is it ok that the Roxul touches the liner and the plate? It's not going to burn or melt?

Is it ok that the Roxul touches the liner and the plate? It's not going to burn or melt?

Isn't that what it's for, to pack around the liner?

Last edited:
I think it's rated to a couple thousand degrees if I'm not mistaken....

pack it in tight and seal er up

At 2100 degrees the roxul is the last thing to worry about. I put a propane torch to a piece and it just shriveled up. No flames.

Does roxul insulate differently than most other insulation material? I've seen several comments about "packing it in tight" or "pack it in". On most other insulation materials I'm familiar with, like fiberglass or blow in insulation, you always want the material to be kept somewhat loose since it works by trapping air as part of the insulation process. Are you sure roxul works best when packed tight?

Thanks packed it in and made a plate, Nice and snug

Status
Not open for further replies.