RR tie ends

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leadfoot

Dec 30, 2009
S.E. Oklahoma
Below was a post I did on FB last year.

"I've been wanting some RR tie ends from a local sawmill because of the lack of bark and whatnot. A friend at work told me he had some and told me to come get a load. I've been giving him a hard time telling him he should haul it himself and unload it for me. I love messing with him. I got up this morning, went outside with my coffee and spotted this stacked next to one of my wood piles. There was a note carved in the driveway. "from Jeff" LOL!! They hauled it to my house Christmas day while we were away. I just noticed it this morning. :) I called him this morning to let him know he let the wind out of my sails. :)"

95322853_262445817152080.jpg

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
I wouldn't burn them...anywhere. Rick

Thanks Pen but these were not treated. I'd never but that stuff :)
These were the ends from the mill before being sent off for treatment. Mostly oak...

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Ah...if you're sure they've not been treated, then go for it.

Yup, if they were creosote they wouldn't be here.
Anyway, I though it was very thoughtful gift.

Yeah, it was...gotta think of a nice way to say thanks.

Wow, you did strike gold then!

Well done

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.