RSF 75-r

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dave dunaway

Oct 26, 2023
soda creek bc
Hi there, I’ve installed an older used rsf wood furnace in my shop. Looking for some advice on the damper system. I’m trying to figure out where the draft air enters the firebox. There is a round louvred air intake on the front underneath the main door. This is connected to a butterfly plate that is activated by a chain attached to my damper unit. My question is where does the air go once it passes thru the butterfly valve? I have cleaned out the firebox and cannot see any air vents or passages along the sides. Any ideas? I want to make sure everything is open and free of any blockages so it drafts properly. Thanks Dave

Hi there, I’ve installed an older used rsf wood furnace in my shop. Looking for some advice on the damper system. I’m trying to figure out where the draft air enters the firebox. There is a round louvred air intake on the front underneath the main door. This is connected to a butterfly plate that is activated by a chain attached to my damper unit. My question is where does the air go once it passes thru the butterfly valve? I have cleaned out the firebox and cannot see any air vents or passages along the sides. Any ideas? I want to make sure everything is open and free of any blockages so it drafts properly. Thanks Dave
Anyone out there own a rsf furnace that can help?

Directly behind the butterfly.
Thank you for the response. My furnace has two small 1/2“ holes directly behind the butterfly. Are these the only inlets for air into the firebox? I have a drawing from rsf that shows inlets along the side of the firebox just above the bricks and one at the very back. Confused?

Thank you for the response. My furnace has two small 1/2“ holes directly behind the butterfly. Are these the only inlets for air into the firebox? I have a drawing from rsf that shows inlets along the side of the firebox just above the bricks and one at the very back. Confused?
The furnace is at the In-laws I will have a closer look next time I'm there. I've only ever seen the ones in front of the butterfly!