Rubber Gasket for Glass in Lennox CST 38 See Through Fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

831fireplace

Apr 11, 2011
NorCal
Hi, I broke a panel of glass in a wood burning fireplace and when I went to replace it I noticed the rubber gasket was not going to be reusable. Lennox wants to sell me a whole new door and told me they do not sell the gaskets. Any idea on what I could use or where I could get a gasket to work in this application? The glass is 3/16" thick.
Thanks

I hate to even chime in here since I don't want to mislead anyone but if the gasket is truly silicone rubber and orange I order it from here all the time to rebuild the gaskets on our sintering furnace at work. Please make sure you know what the material is before assuming that this will work and verify that the temperature ranges are correct for your application as most Silicone gasket is rated for a max temp of 450°F. Can you post pictures of the door and the fireplace?

the gasket is grey. it very well could be silicone...

I don't have any pictures handy, but this is the exact frame and door:

CST-38_glassDoor_twinPane_brass.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.