Rubber Roofing pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dave7965

Jan 9, 2010
Rhode Island
Does anyone have some pictures of how to set up rubber roofing to cover their wood pile ? You want it to drape over the sides to some extent dont you ?

Mine doesn't drape over the sides at all. I have spacers under it to put a crown on it to shed water off the two ends and to let air go through.

I do have a little of mine hanging over. Mostly try to just cover the top and have it flap over just a tad. Works great and it was free.....

rubber.jpg

woodpile1-10.jpg

Hey I don't have pics on this laptop, but what I do is this. I throw plywood cutoffs, any OSB or flat panels I can find on top the pile. If I don't have enough I'll just go along the outside edges, or position the plywood at evenly spaced intervals on top the pile.

Then I put the rubber roofing on top of that. I don't overhang the rubber roofing, but I DO overhang the plywood you see. Nothing hangs down over the edges of my woodpile.

Check out this thread...

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/49462/

Ya, I figured it out, look at the three piles here on the left. The far left pile is covered with rubber roofing on top of plywood. Nice and flat eh? The two middle piles have mostly just plywood, the pile on the right is covered with rubber roofing without plywood....it has a strip cut to width. I find the wood dries out fast after rain etc. so I don't care about covering the sides.

4233939168_f3f256073e.png

One of my pieces covers six cord in one cord rows. I drape the edge about a foot. I am coming to the end of that six cords at the end of this season and do not look forward to moving that heavy sucker.

golfandwoodnut said:
where do you guys get rubber roofing material?

I called a roofing company and they said they just happen to be tearing off a rubber roof on a hotel. He said " come and get all you want. Keeps us from having to haul it off". My brother and I got 3 truck loads total. Stuff comes in handy for more than just firewood.

I use leftovers of new roofing from my own building projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.