rules applying to operating an outdoor pellet boiler for ME, NH, MA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rowerwet

Minister of Fire
I operated my pellet boiler in ME, not much in the way or rules there. 35' from the house.
I know NH has some sort of set back from the house relating to chimney height.
I don't know what MA requires.

Now I have someone interested in buying the Maxim, and I'm trying to help him with state rules. Can anybody name the rules for MA and NH?
thanks
josh

Last edited:
I don't think I would go beyond telling a prospective buyer who to ask about the rules - or just advising them to check local authorities.

Passing along rules themselves or interpretations of them could make for trouble later if a problem should arise. There might also be localized things (local bylaws?) come into play that you would have no idea about.

I'd advise them to call their local building department and ask.

the possible buyer is waiting to hear from his town hall, Peakbagger gave me the best info, as far as I can tell the boiler meets the air regs, the setback may be an issue. Just glad it is pellets, wood makes for a whole bunch of hoops to jump through

Reactions: flyingcow
Status
Not open for further replies.