Runaway Fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dcreeder

Jan 22, 2015
PA
I have a 55-SHPEP. On several occasions, the stove has gotten so out-of-control hot that some of the metal in the fire-box was glowing. In fact, the burnpot is now slightly deformed.
This happened with the heat range set on "5" and blower set on "5". The blower was blowing at top speed and still could not dissipate the heat.
I'm a little afraid of the stove. Looking for any suggestions.

What did ESW support say when you called them?

And yeah I have seen your previous post about being on your fourth convection blower on a 2009 stove etc.

The stove is telling you to turn the heat level down while leaving the blower speed up... If it can't keep up with heat demand, you need to get another stove or a different source of heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.