running on 9 all the time?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sculptor

Sep 22, 2009
central nc
My house is only comfortable when I run my stove on 9. It's not the stove. The stove is working beautifully!! It's an old house with poor insulation and 12' ceilings. Will it harm the stove to run it on 9 all the time?? I occasionally turn it down to 8 because I fear I may be harming it in the long run?

Once I learned EVERY place to clean it, and learned how to do maintenance and minor repairs like changing out the combustion blower, etc. Add a quality pellet like Turmans and this stove is purring!

Thanks again to this site and the great folks at Englander!

Fix your heat loss (insulation, air sealing, windows) situation so you don't need to run it on 9 all the time. Those stoves are built like tanks but no need to run them over mines and allow the 88's to take pot shots at'em. Besides it will reduce the pellet costs and likely to also help with any air conditioning bills.

My house is only comfortable when I run my stove on 9. It's not the stove. The stove is working beautifully!! It's an old house with poor insulation and 12' ceilings. Will it harm the stove to run it on 9 all the time?? I occasionally turn it down to 8 because I fear I may be harming it in the long run?

Once I learned EVERY place to clean it, and learned how to do maintenance and minor repairs like changing out the combustion blower, etc. Add a quality pellet like Turmans and this stove is purring!

Thanks again to this site and the great folks at Englander!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I would address the insulation problem.Last year I added insulaion to my attic and it made a huge difference.The $450.00 I spent to have it blown in will pay for itself in no time.Cold weather isn't here yet...
As far as hurting your stove I can't answer.

Those stoves are built like tanks but no need to run them over mines and allow the 88's to take pot shots at'em..

There's a whole bunch of people out there that are gonna be scratching their heads over this one!o_O

Reactions: bugize
Status
Not open for further replies.