New England (MA, CT, ME, NH, VT, RI) Running out of pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lunacat

Feb 27, 2014
United States
Hi, I live in Avon, CT and today I called nearby HD, Lowes, TSC, etc and I was told that all pellets were sold out, and nobody was sure when the next truck delivery would be... I've checked websites of some local pellet suppliers and the price per ton is ridiculously high (~$339) plus delivery fee... I only need about another 40 bags for this winter... Does anybody know anywhere else I can check? Thanks.

Hi, I live in Avon, CT and today I called nearby HD, Lowes, TSC, etc and I was told that all pellets were sold out, and nobody was sure when the next truck delivery would be... I've checked websites of some local pellet suppliers and the price per ton is ridiculously high (~$339) plus delivery fee... I only need about another 40 bags for this winter... Does anybody know anywhere else I can check? Thanks.
Go to TSC and ask for equine bedding pellets. Prepare to be pleased BUT try a few bags first for a test. There are several threads on the subject. . . . . . .

I picked up 10 bags of Easyblaze pellets from BT pellets in Bristol Ct today. I haven't burned any yet, so I can't give a complete review.

They appear to have low fines, and are a softwood. I will know more, tomorrow.

Six bucks a bag.

Lowes in warwick RI has about 12 ton of green supreme. 259 a ton. as of noon on monday

Last edited:
Lowes in warwick RI has about 12 ton of green teams. 259 a ton. as of noon on monday

GREENE Team or Green Supreme? Cause the Greene Team hardwood pellets have been around $300 a ton this year.

Sam

Easyblaze pellets are awesome. They have a lot of heat, with fairly low ash. I have burned only 1 bag so far, but I like what I see.

Easyblaze pellets are awesome. They have a lot of heat, with fairly low ash. I have burned only 1 bag so far, but I like what I see.
Good to know, going to their Suffield place tomorrow for some.Almost out.

Go to TSC and ask for equine bedding pellets. Prepare to be pleased BUT try a few bags first for a test. There are several threads on the subject. . . . . . .

Thanks! I went to TSC last night after work and the cashier refused to sell the equine bedding pellets to me if I am going to burn it... She said that they would have wood pellets this Wednesday. We'll see....

Thanks! I went to TSC last night after work and the cashier refused to sell the equine bedding pellets to me if I am going to burn it... She said that they would have wood pellets this Wednesday. We'll see....
First mistake. Don't tell them, it's none of their damned business. Go back when there is a different cashier BUT first make sure that they are light colored ones. The darker are not as good. BTW cashier up here didn't care. Tell 'em you are using them for your poor freezing bunny rabbits.

Reactions: chriscarl

I can only say .... WOW !!!!!!!!!!!

I'd have asked to speak to a higher power.

yesterday called both HD and Lowes,was told they were out and won't restock,TSC guy almost laughed at me and said good luck.Go over to BT Pellets and grab some while they have some.Iwent to the Suffield warehouse and got some spruce points. Mother Hubards cupboards are getting bare

I have never heard such a thing. Who died and made that cashier the boss. I can't believe TSC would have a policy in place that lets the cashier determine whether you buy a product depending on what you're going to use it for. That would be like going to Rite Aid to buy condoms and you get up to the cashier and she says " are those for straight sex or gay sex." You can only buy them if they are being used for straight sex!!!!!! RIDICULOUS. sorry guys, when I hear a story like this, it makes me mad.

I have never heard such a thing. Who died and made that cashier the boss.

I agree that it doesn't sound right, I understand what you are saying, but two things come to my feeble mind.

1) It is probly not the cashier's call. She is doing what her boss said, more than likely. Who knows where he got it?

2) TSC is a 52 week a year animal/farming product business.
They are probably looking out for their steady farm customers
who buy a lot more stuff than pellet customers who only come in
when Lowes and Home Depot are out of pellets...

As you well know, we are in that same mix as they are, not being able to handle the pellet demand..
We limit bag sales, when necessary, to protect our regular, steady customers,
rather than sell multiple tons to someone 60 miles away that we will never see again,
and then tell the regulars "sorry"....

Is that right? Maybe not... I understand your point, too.... it's a tough call...

Take care, Dan

Reactions: SXIPro and Steve76
What about ordering and paying online with in-store pickup? Just back up the truck and don't dignify their question with a response.

Waterbury,ct area
You just have to just call lowes and home cheepo every 3 days in you area.
I think i got enough , ive been getting
Bags 20 bags max , i gotta
Score up 15 or 20 more ill almost have ton , this suck , i hope some1 does something during the summer...

I have never heard such a thing. Who died and made that cashier the boss. I can't believe TSC would have a policy in place that lets the cashier determine whether you buy a product depending on what you're going to use it for. That would be like going to Rite Aid to buy condoms and you get up to the cashier and she says " are those for straight sex or gay sex." You can only buy them if they are being used for straight sex!!!!!! RIDICULOUS. sorry guys, when I hear a story like this, it makes me mad.

Time to write your congressmen to stop shipping pellets to Europe so we can burn OUR American pellets here.

There are no pellets to be had here in the Hudson Valley. If pellets do exist, its only for a few hours until they sell out.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Other sickening issue is that the Chinese are buying our sawdust and paying 30% more to mills than pellet guys. Mm, makes you wonder

Tractor Supply in Coventry RI got 22 tons today. By 1 pm had less than 3 tons left and had put a 10 bag limit on them. Me and son got 1 ton each around noon they were flying out of the store. $549 bag $260 ton

Status
Not open for further replies.