Running Room temp Manual 1st time.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyray

Minister of Fire
been in the 40's today, damp,chilly, rain off/on.
Have had the Harman P61A on room temp/manual all day and it's been keeping the downstairs here
at 70 degrees...
I have timed the Auger and every 60 seconds it feeds some pellets keeping it at a hot maint burn.
this seems to be very economical as it has been doing this all day....
[On room auto the stove prob would have shut off/and re-ignited on at least 10x today.]
Now how would this pan out if I had it on stove temp auto #4 ?
would it be feeding every 60 seconds also to keep the Stove temp at #4 Stove setting which I assume would end up a 70 degree living space? [givin same crappy temperature day outside]..

Last edited:
Not really any answers to your questions, but on RTM, it's certainly seems more comfortable for your situation. You're not experiencing the temp swings you would on RTA. At some point on the outdoor temp scale, you'll find a maintenance burn will slowly overheat your space, and therefore RTA will be the way to go.

IMO, ST leaves WAY too much guessing for the operator and is highly dependent on outside temps staying the same in order to maintain the same comfort level inside.

My first inset didn't have one. First cold then way to hit no matter how much I adjusted it.im having the same weather your describing and been using the room temp mode and loving my harman!Not to hot or cold just perfect. Enjoy your harman.

Status
Not open for further replies.