Running the Generator - pre power outage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

keep-in warm

Feb 17, 2009
Lowell, MA
I dont have a UPC / APC or the newest board on a 2009 Harman XXV to address smoke in the house (
yet). I do have the Honda 2000i / propane conversion ready to go. I can run 16-17 hours off a 20 pounder and very tempted to just fire it up to ensure a stress free overnight with the stove not worrying about smoke backup and trudging through the snow in the middle of the night. :confused:

Anyone else in a similar situation?

me i'm drinking beer and thinking about cooking dinner . not going to waste my genny gas . get everything set up so if your smoke alarm wakes you , you can react .

that is unless your drunk like me and will worry about it in the morning :)

Reactions: nate379
Well thats about 2 gallons of propane or ~$6 you probably could turn on whatever heat you have and run it for less for that timeframe.

....very tempted to just fire it up to ensure a stress free overnight with the stove not worrying about smoke backup and trudging through the snow in the middle of the night. Anyone else in a similar situation?.......

Probably not. Most people with gennys always start them a day or 2 before a big storm comes that you already knew about.

Hope you got it started.

Got more gas last night and fired it up then... no need to hook up the stove to the genny - I know how it will work thanks to hurricane Sandy. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.