1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Running the Generator - pre power outage

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by keep-in warm, Feb 8, 2013.

1. keep-in warm

keep-in warm Member

Loc:
    Lowell, MA
    I dont have a UPC / APC or the newest board on a 2009 Harman XXV to address smoke in the house (
    yet). I do have the Honda 2000i / propane conversion ready to go. I can run 16-17 hours off a 20 pounder and very tempted to just fire it up to ensure a stress free overnight with the stove not worrying about smoke backup and trudging through the snow in the middle of the night. :confused:

Anyone else in a similar situation?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Woody1911a1

Woody1911a1 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Marblehead , Ma
    me i'm drinking beer and thinking about cooking dinner . not going to waste my genny gas . get everything set up so if your smoke alarm wakes you , you can react .

that is unless your drunk like me and will worry about it in the morning :)
    nate379 likes this.
  3. keep-in warm

keep-in warm Member

Loc:
    Lowell, MA
    well, ya....i started early too. :p
  4. moey

moey Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    Well thats about 2 gallons of propane or ~$6 you probably could turn on whatever heat you have and run it for less for that timeframe.
  5. imacman

imacman Guest

Probably not. Most people with gennys always start them a day or 2 before a big storm comes that you already knew about.

Hope you got it started.
  6. Mike D

Mike D Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    North Haven, CT
    Got more gas last night and fired it up then... no need to hook up the stove to the genny - I know how it will work thanks to hurricane Sandy. Good luck.