Russa Catalytic Wood Stove model 2wfc 1987 help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

efoyt

Sep 18, 2008
Maine
I just moved into a new house. I had a Vermont casting Duchwest non catalytic wood stove in my last house (I loved it). My new house has a Russa Catalytic Wood Stove model 2wfc year 1987.

Any helpful hints on how to run this stove. My house is about 2200 sqft, ranch with passive solar (house is pointed south into a field and that whole side of the house is windows). House is also very well insulated.

Q - It has a blower will I need to run this? My duchwest never needed one? There was usually only 1 or 2 deg difference between the woodstove end of my house and the other end of my house (ranch about 1600 sqft).

Q - Last owner said the catalytic was still in good working order. Will I every have to have this rebuilt? And if so who rebuilds these things.

Q- How dose this stove stack up to my Duch West non - catalytic?

Thanks

i have the owner's manual...i was just looking for some firsthand knowledge of the Russa.

Status
Not open for further replies.