RUSSO COAL STOVE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gogi

Oct 15, 2007
nj
I'm in desperate need of advice on how to get the glass door off.The ash door just lifts off and I would imagine the maindoor should too.It doesn't and I've tried driving the pins out but they don't budge.The door opens and close fine??????

Hmm, all the Russos I sold and serviced - the doors lifted off. I can only imagine that it is somehow rusted or swelled. I'd try some liquid wrench or something like that in the hinge area and swing the door open and closed a bunch - then, instead of tapping on the pins (which may just swell them), put a block of wood against the bottom of the door near the hinges and tap upwards with a hammer......

If you get a little separation, then put more liquid wrench in there - and perhaps pry upwards in that space using an old screwdriver....

Craig has pretty much nailed this one. This happens here from time to time- usually some gentle persuasion with a screwdriver or (gasp!) dead blow hammer does the trick.

Are they the original pins? I've seen some interesting things holding stove doors on...

Matt

Used PB-Blaster wooden block and hammer no good,door opens and close fine.Also put new gaskets in but the people online in the Co I bought from said I needed 1/2 for the gasket???I think I sghould have used 3/8 as it's to tight????????

I think you need a bigger hammer. :coolgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.