Russo WI-30?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klrklr

Hearth Supporter
Oct 10, 2008
AR
Hello.

Newbie here (newbie to the forum, not newbie to FP inserts)...

We have been looking for a used fireplace insert and were hoping to buy either a Buck Stove or a Quadra Fire, both of which we've owned previously. We have found a Russo -- supposedly model WI-30 -- and are just trying to do a bit of homework before pursuing. I have attached photo of this unit, in case the model number or ID is important to providing feedback. The guy who's selling it must not be the original owner, either. He could only find a tag with "Russo" on it but didn't know much else other than dimensions. I sent the photo to Russo, and they said it was a WI-30. This unit does have a blower and is 26" W at the back, 21" H, and 15" deep.

Does anyone have experience with a Russo insert and know whether it's a decent unit? It's not critical that we have an insert, but it would be nice to have help heating the house. Just don't want a junky unit that doesn't perform well.

Thanks,
Karen R.
Arkansas

Attachments

• Russo WI-30?
    insert[2].jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 244
Thanks for the fast response, Craig. The guy is asking $500. Any idea when this unit was made (generally)? We haven't seen it in person yet, but it looks like it might have been painted. We'll have to give it a serious once-over, of course. I don't really care for the curlique design in the viewing window but could probably live with it. Do you happen to know whether this is a non-cat unit?

Thx again.
Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.