Rust and Window Englander Pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flowercat

Dec 27, 2008
East
I ran the stove for a solid day on low yesterday and shut it off today. I still have some rust on the burn plate and some other areas including the metal piece inside below the door. Lats year I had some rust and it burned off. Any recommendations or does it need more time and a higher heat to burn off like last year?

I am burning Northern pellets from Lazoun. I have used these pellets in the past and have never had this issue. The window has marks on them like the color of the pellets that I can't get off the window. Could it be related to the rust or pellets?

Don't take this as gospel, as I am a pellet new-b but, I have been cleaning my Quad insert glass for years with Cerama Brite, it is a stove top cleaner/cleanser

Once you get the stove really cranking for a bit, that rust should burn off. If not, the next time you shut it down for cleaning, just hit the rust spots with steel wool or a green Scotchbrite pad.

As far as the glass goes, I use this liquid crap that'll almost take your skin off. For really tuff stuff, I use a straight edge razor blade in a holder. (Like I used to use when I was a painter to remove old paint off of windows)

Thanks for all your help. I just bought and used "Rutland Glass Cleaner" and it took all that junk off within a few minutes. I paid about $6 for it. Great stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.