Rut ROOOOO

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty

Minister of Fire
fyi that's okies bagging plant.

Well they've been pretty nasty to the guy is all I'll say from watching what's going on there.

There are many that don't believe they are allowed to do this bagging onsite under railroad rules. You got to admit they're stretching it. It's Okanagans pellets being unloaded and bagged by a private company onsite...which this guy gets his cut off of for renting the property. The guy is a shark.

I'll probably get sued now. They can have 100% of nothing.

Just reading the article led me to believe the guy was a little shady. Thank's for confirming it.

Reactions: Defiant
Well they've been pretty nasty to the guy is all I'll say from watching what's going on there.

There are many that don't believe they are allowed to do this bagging onsite under railroad rules. You got to admit they're stretching it. It's Okanagans pellets being unloaded and bagged by a private company onsite...which this guy gets his cut off of for renting the property. The guy is a shark.

I'll probably get sued now. They can have 100% of nothing.
You cannot be sued for libel. The first amendment protects your speech as a private citizen. Mrs. Paul is an elected official that is making public statements, though perhaps maybe only her opinion or the the opinion of the board, such public statements are not allowed to influence outside of the meetings and may only be voiced as "the speaking body" during the minutes of the board. The plaintiff id alleging that Mrs Paul is using her influence as a policy maker to hurt the business of the plaintiff. However, if she is speaking as a private citizen but just happens to be an elected official...things are different. This is why many public officials will preface statements by saying "off the record" and can therefore protect their speech.

In any event, the folks up there in Upton are doing more than than shipping and receiving, ...they are in fact engaged in light manufacturing or "assembly" in an area that may or may not be zoned for this purpose and may be taking advantage of the "fair use" protections offered to railroads. These protections allow railroads to use roads and land areas surrounding railroads without tax or lease because they are (or used to be) a vital part of our economy.

This argument and situation is not so unique.

On another note though....aren't okies supposed to be cheaper now that they are bagged in MA?

cheaper hahahahahahahahahahahaha

That's a funny one huh?

Maybe if he get's the $20 million he'll lower the prices!!

Where's BTU when you need a daily Okanagan affirmation!!!

The general name for this is a Slap lawsuit (Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation). The intent isnt to win its to cause the party being sued into having to spend money for a lawyer to defend themselves.

The general name for this is a Slap lawsuit (Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation). The intent isnt to win its to cause the party being sued into having to spend money for a lawyer to defend themselves.

And they can also end up backfiring big time.

Im so tired of everyone suing for everything and anything they can. 20 mil. sounds a little nuts to me (how much is his whole railroad worth for god sakes). I hope a judge dismisses it based on the plaintiffs unreasonableness . 20 mil WTF.... for 20 mil id let someone slander me as well as cut off my left arm.

Show me the money and I'll be right over :)

Status
Not open for further replies.