Rutland brushes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepnerd

Feb 16, 2014
Delaware
I'm considering buying a Rutland brush and cleaning rods I saw on Amazon. They have good reviews. Would anyone recommend a differently brand, or are these good? I have a 35'ish liner.

They work just fine. I used one for years. It's still in service at my rental.

I like my Sooteater better though. It's easier to push up and down and stores easier.

Thanks I'll check them out. I left my old brush at the house I sold a few years back and I think it was a Rutland. It did take some force to push it down the flu.

Kind of a fine line between tough to push and loosy goosy - If its too easy it probably isn't working very well. Except for the aforementioned Soot eater

Have a vinyl one for my SS 6" pipe. It's a little loose but does the job. I just make sure I run it through a few extra times as it's easy enough to do.
Will probably be using it today just to see what's built up so far this year.

I was set on buying a Rutland brush and rods, but when I went to get them they were out of my size brush. Also noticed they were made in China. Went to Menards and bought the whole set up there - cheaper AND made in USA. In case you dont have a Menards, the brand name is MEECO Red Devil. Haven't used it yet, so can't comment there.

Jkmola, I would prefer to buy a US made product. Please let me know how it works out for you, I can drag my feet a little on my purchase. Anyone else try this brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.