Rutland Creosote remover

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doktorfaustus77

Dec 28, 2005
Does anyone here use spray on creosote remover? My chimney sweep recommended I use this. The only problem is that his advice conflicts with the manual of the stove I own (jotul 3cb) which tells me not to use chemical creosote removers. My thoughts are ...I should probably not use it then. Does anyone know why this is the case? I am surprised he would tell me to use it. It says its for airtight stoves which I guess a Jotul is not. Like everyone I would like to keep creosote down. So far I have been trying to burn hot fires. With the aid of the stove thermometer it has been easy to do so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.