Rutland Fire Starters

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bwise.157

Burning Hunk
Oct 24, 2013
heath, ohio
Tractor Supply has Rutland Fire Starters for a decent price, for anyone interested. 144 starters for $12.99 or 24 for $1.99. That is about $7 cheaper than Amazon for the large box. I used them last year, and they work great!

I'm guessing those are the same as the Meecos, a flat square. They work well, and no mess. Sometimes I'll split 'em with a knife, either score and break in half, or split the entire square to 1/2 thickness. if you've got good kindling, you only need one square. Once we're into the serious heating season, I'm just throwing more wood on the coals...

Been using the Rutland squares for 3 years, 1 at a time, I like em, cheaper than others

your better off buying the box of 24 for 1.99, its cheaper than the 144 pack per square, ill have to pick up a few box's

your better off buying the box of 24 for 1.99, its cheaper than the 144 pack per square, ill have to pick up a few box's
That's exactly what I did. I bought the large box last year, and still have a quarter of it left over. I bought 4 of the small boxes this year, and should be good for the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.