Rutland's Creosote Remover Spray

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan in Little Rock

Nov 20, 2005
Does anyone out there use this stuff? As I understand it, you spray it into the firebox and onto the wood. Am I supposed to do this regularly, like everyday? Am I supposed to use it for a few days before I intend to sweep the chimney, or just all the time? Because of a steep roof and the 10 - 2 rule, I have a really tall stack. I had a chimney sweep come out last year. He was taller than I am and as I recall, he had no easy time getting the brush in and running it down. I want to be able to sweep my own chimney, so I would appreciate any input regarding the use of the Rutland spray, in particular, and chimney sweeping in general.

Also...where can a guy get a 40 foot extension ladder?

Thanks.

you can order the ladder at big box stores or check a professional equipment store. local one here has better prices on wagner laddders than the big box stores.

i use the rutland powder, it works great very little build up in the chimney
home depot has great prices on ladders, get fiberglass!

Dan in Little Rock said:
Also...where can a guy get a 40 foot extension ladder?

I have a 40' ladder... you can have it. Bought it to get to the higher areas of the house, but it is very difficult to stand up. Takes 2 people giving all they have. Its a 40' Werner aluminum ladder, supposedly lightweight. Needless to say, I now have 2 perfectly good 20' ladders :)

- Mike

Seriously, these things are heavy.

Heck, I have a 24' fiberglass extension ladder (300 lb rated) and even this one is a PITA to setup. It requires two people.

Status
Not open for further replies.