Ryobi Electric Chainsaw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

junksta

Oct 13, 2006
Pinedale, AZ Elev. 6400'
Has anyone used the Ryobi electric chainsaw? I need to buy an electric and was thinking about this one at Home Depot.

junksta said:
Has anyone used the Ryobi electric chainsaw? I need to buy an electric and was thinking about this one at Home Depot.
Any reason it has to be electric?

Most of the wood I get is 6-12inch dia with lenghts of 6-8 ft. I like to cut them to that length and bring them back to my place and cut them into 16in lengths. Just rather have a plug-in and go saw rather than messing around with the gas saw.

Perhaps one could also cut the occasional (or in the case of my wood guy, not so occasional) long piece in one's garage during the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.