RYOBI LOG SPLITTER HYRDAULIC OIL FOUND!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fire_N_ice

Aug 27, 2007
Monmouth County, NJ
After an hour of searching online again, and a # of calls to the local auto parts store, and a few to ryobi, I went to the place I work (orange box) and found what the RYOBI tec. recommend. We did not have it in stock, so my manager made a few calls and found out this SKU was inactive. He requested it be activated and did a little search of the surrounding stores. TOMS RIVER NOW HAS 10 in stock. I bought 2. $10 bucks a gallon. If you go to HD I would call first to see if they have it in stock. Tell them you need some one to "physically see if they have it" before going there. (Just cause the counts say "10" does not mean there is 10 in the store).

POWERCARE HYDRAULIC OIL
ISO 32
SAE10

UPC CODE:037049927890
Store SKU: 447-076

This is the compatable fluid for the 4-TON Ryobi according to the Ryobi Tec.

Nice find! What a drag that it's so hard to locate though. You think they'd use something that's more readily available. Then again, I've done enough wrenching on our vehicles to know that engineers will often use a "special" fastener that requres a "special tool"....just because.

Napa had the shell tellus stuff, however it was sold in 5 gallon pails @ $100+ nothing smaller.

Nice! I work up rt 9 about 1/2 mile from the HD swinging by at lunch today. Thanks for the legwork.
Hank

Replaced mine this morning, sounds a lot different. does not shake either (nearing the full stroke). remember, dont use the full gallon. 3.7 quarts

Stopped by the HD after work (couldn't get a lunch break) asked a few associates about the oil no one knew much, until I produced the store sku. Then it was an easy search, they had 7 in stock. Picked up a gallon. Again thanks for the info and doing the research, I feel better just having it if and when I need it.
Hank

Status
Not open for further replies.