S I T pilot orifice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

3henry

May 20, 2010
Philadelphia area
I need a pilot orifice for our 10 year old Superior NG fireplace. It looks like item "C" in the attached picture. Any tips where I can obtain one? (The gas valve is a S I T 820 Nova).

Paul

Attachments

• orifices pilot.jpg
    orifices pilot.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,237
Yeah that letter C is Robertshaw or PSE pilot orifice.

E would be what is found in the "spaceship" style SIT pilots.

Dave:
You're correct, .091 refers to the main burner. The book doesn't indicate what size the pilot orifice is. And unfortunately the Superior Fireplace Company appears to be long gone.

Paul

Hey Paul, what is the exact model and serial number?
superior is now owned by lennox, so if i dont have the old specs(i have a ton of superior info, hard copy old files etc.), they can get them for me.
worst case, you buy a couple and hope one of them is correct, or close enough that the pilot adj on the valve will make up the difference
Dave

I have only seen that C style orifice in 4 different hole sizes, 2 for LP and 2 for NG. They were very close, so prob either would do the job.

sadly, here is lennox tech reply....

Dave

I am not finding anything on these. I’ll keep looking

Thanks
J

Sent: Friday, June 04, 2010 1:27 PM
To: Lennox Technical
Subject: superior dvr5-cmns pilot orifice?

superior dvr5-cmns ng pilot orifice?
Is this avail?
If not, are specs avail?

Thanks!

Thanks,
Dave Gault

I will see what I can come up with in my boxes of junk I have.

I have a .21 natural gas spud that will probably work. You are welcome to try it. If you want it, let me know where to send it.

Hey Paul,

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I taped the spud to a piece of paper and put it in an envelope. I am sending it out today in the mail. Don't worry about any money. It only cost me a stamp and I would rather someone have the part that it will do some good.

Chris

I need a pilot orifice for our 10 year old Superior NG fireplace. It looks like item "C" in the attached picture. Any tips where I can obtain one? (The gas valve is a S I T 820 Nova).

Paul

I think my orifice looks like "E" in this picture. (Superior DT-500CMN with the "spaceship" pilot).
I have removed the pilot hood (spaceship), but, how do you get the orifice out? Do I need to unscrew the pilot gas line from the bottom of the pilot assembly??

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.