S.S. Chimney liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NHFarmer

Feeling the Heat
Feb 17, 2008
southeastern NH
I have been reading old posts on ss liners.I am looking at Forever Flex 316ti .006 thick.Has anyone installed this liner before?After a season or two burning anyone have any problems?I am planning on using the pour in insulation,anyone used this product?The price on these liners seems reasonable,I just don't want to install junk

i have a 6" forever flex liner for my oil boiler. It is a 316L titanium enhanced all fuels chimney. It is a very good chimney liner they will last and are warrented for a lifetime.

Thanks for the info,I will probably order one this week :coolsmile:

Did you happen to order the flex pipe? How was the install? Pour in insulation or wrap?

Yes I did.I went with a 7"Foreverflex.I have a 35 foot unlined chimney.12x12" inside.Liner was very good quality but it was quite a project to install.I had the use of a 50' bucket truck which really helped.I used their pour in liner,it went in just fine,just a lot of mixing and hauling of buckets.The thimble at the bottom was a piece of cake.The only thing I don't like is I can't tell if the liner is centered in the flue.I am sure it is against the brick in some areas but I will have to live with it.All in all it went well and I am happy with it.Still have not lit a fire in my Tarm,still working on the install.

I used their pour in liner

Is the pour in material strictly insulation ? Does it cure like cement ? Too bad about the centering. That would be a tough one to make centered the whole length. Prolly be fine.
Will

The pour-in is a mixture of vermiculite and portland cement,it also may have some perlite as well.It is used for insulation only,not stuctural.It does harden but it will crumble if you were to chip at it. You mix it to the consistancy of potting soil when you pour it in.Stange stuff but seems to work.

Is it mixed wet if so is it somewhat soupy for pouring?
Will

Yes it is mixed with water.It is mixed really dry,like potting soil or damp earth.I mixed it in a wheelbarrow then put it in buckets and dumped it around the liner.It dumps like dirt,I shook the liner and it will level itself and flow around the liner.The directions say not to compact it so it stays kinda loose but I went up afterwards and it did dry hard.I did poke at it and you could probably push a screwdriver into it.Really a wierd consistancy

Thanks for the explanation.

Will

Status
Not open for further replies.