1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Sad day, Cant swing my Fiskars

Post in 'The Gear' started by swagler85, Oct 11, 2012.

1. swagler85

swagler85 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Went on a trip to Montana and ended up blowing out my left knee running down the side of a mountain. I can still get around ok for now until I have it fixed but didn't even think about the fact that it would affect swinging an ax. Went out last night to split a bit and found out how important having a solid knee was in the swing. Looks like it'll be using my neighbors splitter for this year.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Danno77

Danno77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hamilton, IL
    Sorry to hear this. I've had two knee surgeries in my life and one was just a simple cleaning (arthroscopic). Three surgeries if you count the upper tibial complete break that left me with some awesome metal from knee to ankle. It does impact more than you ever expect. hell, taking a shower can even be a pita.

get well soon.
  3. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Ouch Swagler. Hope that heals fast.
  4. Shadow&Flame

Shadow&Flame Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Arkansas
    This is why I have always tried to get ahead on wood...never know when life is going to throw you a curve. Hope you are better in no time.
    Play it safe and let it heal...
    Backwoods Savage and Dairyman like this.
  5. amateur cutter

amateur cutter Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West Michigan

That's good advice there, I blew mine up in August. I wasn't worried about wood supply, & was able to let it heal thankfully. It's pretty good now so hopefully I can work off the weight I gained since then. Hope you heal quickly. A C
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  6. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Get well soon.
  7. Beer Belly

Beer Belly Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Connecticut
    I had two Miniscus Surgeries this year....was out for 5 months.....now I know why they say "Get a couple years ahead"....lesson learned. Do as the Doc sez....and there's nothing wrong with using a nieghbors splitter....be careful bending and lifting, need the knee for that too
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  8. midwestcoast

midwestcoast Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NW Indiana
    Hope it heals well after the surgery.
    Hold off on the splitting if you can, or get lots of help. Even With a splitter; one bad step on a chunk or hole with a round in your hands...