Sad day, Cant swing my Fiskars

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swagler85

Minister of Fire
Mar 4, 2012
NE Ohio
seansellsohio.com
Went on a trip to Montana and ended up blowing out my left knee running down the side of a mountain. I can still get around ok for now until I have it fixed but didn't even think about the fact that it would affect swinging an ax. Went out last night to split a bit and found out how important having a solid knee was in the swing. Looks like it'll be using my neighbors splitter for this year.

Sorry to hear this. I've had two knee surgeries in my life and one was just a simple cleaning (arthroscopic). Three surgeries if you count the upper tibial complete break that left me with some awesome metal from knee to ankle. It does impact more than you ever expect. hell, taking a shower can even be a pita.

get well soon.

Ouch Swagler. Hope that heals fast.

This is why I have always tried to get ahead on wood...never know when life is going to throw you a curve. Hope you are better in no time.
Play it safe and let it heal...

That's good advice there, I blew mine up in August. I wasn't worried about wood supply, & was able to let it heal thankfully. It's pretty good now so hopefully I can work off the weight I gained since then. Hope you heal quickly. A C

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Get well soon.

I had two Miniscus Surgeries this year....was out for 5 months.....now I know why they say "Get a couple years ahead"....lesson learned. Do as the Doc sez....and there's nothing wrong with using a nieghbors splitter....be careful bending and lifting, need the knee for that too

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Hope it heals well after the surgery.
Hold off on the splitting if you can, or get lots of help. Even With a splitter; one bad step on a chunk or hole with a round in your hands...

Status
Not open for further replies.