Sad or happy for the end of winter?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Happy. Always surprised at how many twigs I need to pick up in the yard in the spring. Kindling!

Spring brings so many outdoor activities like mushroom hunting, turkey season, and fishing for small mouth in the rivers while they are nesting that it is hard to beat. I always miss the routine of firing up the stove though. That being said I am looking forward to getting on the river again with the warmer temps coming. Every season has its perks.

Reactions: fvhowler
Here in Southern New England, March can be crazy or should I say WICKED to predict.
There have been some BIG Nor easters in March!
I'm ready for mild!
Yes. Some of our biggest Nor’easters have been sleepers in the month of March. March always seems to get one last punch.

I have mixed feelings. I love wood burning but am tired of short days.. lack of sunshine, and working in poor weather. I'm looking forward to spring and being outside in decent weather. I truly miss wood burning when it gets warm out and can't wait to light my stove in October...

Looking forward to splitting wood soon. Cut up some wood in the woods into rounds, and they are stacked by the wood pile. Not a huge amount.

Large pine in my neighbor's yard snapped and fell in my yard a few months ago. Missed the driveway. Waiting for snow to melt to cut and split it.

I do miss winter a bit however as it is the time of year when I can slow up a bit in life, relax a bit more . . .
Yeah, for sure. From mid-December through February I slow down a lot. My 6 or so hours of sleep I need the other 9 months of the year becomes more like 8 hours, I take a rest and do some fun things and relax and let my body rest up and heal a bit. It needed it this year after about 7 months straight of 6-7 days a week working at my job part-time or working on my home renovation. My hands, shoulders, feet all felt a little beat up. Now I feel fully rested and getting ready to go at it again.

This is definitely the time of year that Mother Nature starts toying with us.
For sure - I have no illusions about what happens at the end of this week. We'll have another 3 weeks of cold weather (forecasted 9 degrees overnight Sunday night) and then maybe the warmup starts in early April, or maybe not really until mid-April or later.

Happy to not need to be on top of keeping the stove going. Happy to be outside and not have to trudge through a bunch of snow to do anything. Happy to be out in the shop getting the bikes and ATVs ready for spring/summer.

Ever since I've had kids I look more forward to the nice weather. I don't mind the cold and neither do they but it's so much easier with toddlers to just get them out and about when its warm out. SO, I'm looking forward to it this year.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
Sad, in fact very sad, I love stoves, I love wood burning and all what is in relation with that. Younger when playing with motorcycles I hated Winter, but now no bike just stoves...