Sad...woodcutting death

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to hear this stuff. My Father and Mother remind me of the deaths in tree work all the time. I always feel it couldnt happen to me I am to fast for a tree. I heard cracks of tree harder than a 12 gauage shot gun barber chairing and just laugh. Hanger that I shouldnt be in (never again). House Garages driveway cars power line and everthing else you can think of. The older I get the more I say wtf. Still cant help it I know I can stick that fell. (hope my luck folds out) First chainsaw crush 13. Came out of my pocket it was a lombard best money I ever spent! (big hollow sivler maple still scare me)

Sad.....

Better than laying in bed with some chronic illness and someone else wiping your butt!

gzecc said:
Better than laying in bed with some chronic illness and someone else wiping your butt!

Yes - and I hope it was quick. I guess you could say he died doing something he enjoys.

Sometimes the trees fight back! I like to stick with the trees mother nature has already brought down. I rarely hear of them getting up off the ground to get ya.

Sad story.

Had a few close calls myself over the years,not with the saws or axes but direction the tree's were falling.Luckily things went OK & nothing was damaged.I treat every cutting or falling session as my 'first',I'm confident in my ability & experience,but not cocky or cavalier about it.Plan my escape & be ready to move in a split second if need be.
On the job I seen 3 Ironworkers fall to their deaths since I started working construction in 1984,its something you never forget.

Thats a sad story he was an old Buck too, prob. enjoying his retirement gathering wood

Status
Not open for further replies.