Safe Ele. Generator

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gripper93

Oct 1, 2009
central ohio
I have a Troy built 6500w 7200 surge generator. That I CORRECTLY and SAFELY back feed to the house. Using the back feed method is it safe to use on my pellet stove. Heatilator ECO Cab-50. I do not want to fry the control board or anything else. I do use a nice surge protector that it is plugged into. Any info would be great.

Not all generators are rated for electronics. I am not sure what you mean by safely back feeding the house. Do you have a UL listed gentran switch? If you back feed a dryer outlet and shut the main off great. What happens the next time, or when you tell your friend how to do this.. do they remember to shut the main off. How many people drive away from a gas pump with the nozzle still in their car.. just saying.

I have the house transfer switch.

that is not back feeding a system if you have a transfer box and is correctly wired into the fuse panel.. back feeding a system thru a plug in overloads the wiring and causes house fires. well done for having the correct setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.