Said good bye to an old friend today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lukem

Minister of Fire
Jan 12, 2010
Indiana
Years ago my FIL bought a log splitter and the seller threw in a non-running 031 AV electronic. He had no use for it nor the inclination to fix it. I put a new coil, sprocket, and bar and chain on it and used it for the past 7 years. Today, my BIL, FIL's son, was talking about how he needed a saw when we went out cutting. After we got back to the house i grabbed the 031 off the bench and said "here's your new saw".

I felt pretty fortunate to have someone give me a quality tool, even if it needed some TLC, a few years back when i was too broke to buy one for myself. Felt even better to return the favor to somone else.

Yep always feels good to help someone out. Good on you. Pat

That is Awesome! :) :) :) :)

So the saw is making the rounds! Pun intended. That is great to be able to help someone like that.

merry christmas! best post I've read in a long time.

Good Job. Time to change your sig.

Well done, great gesture on your part. It will come back to you someday in some form. Happy Holidays to you and yours.

You are the best BIL ever. An 031 is a worthy family heirloom in m opinion. Better than a china set or dining room table.

Good for you and him both. We need more people in the world like you. I have done many smaller things for people and a few bigger, just wish I could do a lot more!

Gary

Thanks for all the kind words everyone.

Karma rocks.

Yep - real nice deal - good on you! Cheers!

Way to go.
Hope he gets as much use from it as you did :)

Status
Not open for further replies.