Same pellet different bags

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rideboard147

Feb 2, 2011
Weatherford Texas (DFW)
So I have been searching for some Rocky Mountain pellets today because they are my favorite but are hard to come by around here. Every year I have to call around to many different places because one year they have them then gone the next year so I sesrch hard. I have driven 2 hours one way sometimes to get them. Well come to find out Uncle Ethan's pellets are the exact pellet of Rocky Mountains. Of course there is more then enough of Uncle Ethan's close to me but I had no idea they were Rockies inside until the lady at the plant told me over the phone. Why do pellet companies do this? I'm sure they are making money somehow. So what other pellets are in two different bags?

Greene Team, Green Team Platinum, Green Gold

Cubex and Northern

Why do pellet companies do this? I'm sure they are making money somehow. So what other pellets are in two different bags?

One bag will be sold only in stove shops, while the re bagged brand will be sold by hardware stores big boxes ... usually at a different price. Pellet company expands it's market with out pissing off stove shop folks.
Gaps = Powerhouse.

One bag will be sold only in stove shops, while the re bagged brand will be sold by hardware stores big boxes ... usually at a different price. Pellet company expands it's market with out pissing off stove shop folks.
Gaps = Powerhouse.

Well said....

Another is Hardwood heats and Hamers!! :)

Pro Pellets and Magic Sparks :)

Gaps = Powerhouse.

Makes perfect sense. I didn't realize so many plants do this. Maybe I can find some better quality pellets now that I know some of these brands are bagged differently. I'm on the look out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.