sandblasting bar

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
Anybody ever sandblasted a chain saw bar?.. I have access to one..don't know to paint or Polish...any direction on how to do either?

Is it badly rusted ? outside doesn't matter much as long as the rail areas are good for the chain to ride in and oil to track out on to the chain.

I wanna do it for only cosmetic reasons

727sunset said:
Does it have a replaceable sprocket nose?

Right there is a good reason not to do it. The media will kill the sprocket bearing.

Scuff it with coarse scotch brite and paint it. Or strip it and leave it! I love bare metal bars. Kinda like grey hair (of which I have none) for saws. You know it's got experience then!

corsw scotch brite....not sure what that is..i may be a complete idiot

steeltowninwv said:

Steel wool with soap.

steeltowninwv said:

Stuff is just like whats on the back of your dishwashing sponge. Think plastic steel wool.

Status
Not open for further replies.