Sandy Pile Going Down...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
Man, it's alot of fire wood for us to process. The borrowed 27 ton goes back next weekend. We knocked out as much as we could.

3 women, 2 hours, not bad ! New "dually" wheel barrow on the left, have them at the barn, love 'em, wanted one, got one!!

Sandy4a.jpg

Sandy4c.jpg

Whittling it down

Sandy4b.jpg

Good work ladies!

Nicely done Dix. It will be worth it a couple years from now. Just stacked the last cord of the Sandy wood I had dropped off by me too. Now it's onto the Sandy wood I scrounged myself and the stuff downed in my own yard. Not for the lazy is this wood burning stuff?

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Thanks, BB !!

No, it's not for the lazy, for damned sure!

First pic to the right is a pile going to the Dixettes new house... big enough for the 30, and close enough to load it up & get it out for next year. It's split, that's what counts !

You are way ahead of us...this 85 ft ash that came down us kickin our butts. My tree guys cut it into rounds but at 35" across, they are still a few hundred pounds to work with. At the rate I'm going, it will rot before I get it all css!

You are way ahead of us...this 85 ft ash that came down us kickin our butts. My tree guys cut it into rounds but at 35" across, they are still a few hundred pounds to work with. At the rate I'm going, it will rot before I get it all css!

Man I wish there was more ash around here. You'll get it, the journey of a thousand miles...

If you want some, come and get it! Everything around here is ash, we are up to our arses in ash! There was a time you had to worry about people coming to take your downed trees without permission. I have stuff, literally along the road we've been splitting, no one touching it, we have plenty to go around. There is an OAK tree still down no one has touched down the road....yes, OAK, big beautiful OAK! I'm not kidding, there are more trees down than up around here!

I used to leave signs saying "do not take wood" whenever I started working on logs off my property. Not needed now. If you want wood, you can have all your heart desires.

If you want some, come and get it! Everything around here is ash, we are up to our arses in ash! There was a time you had to worry about people coming to take your downed trees without permission. I have stuff, literally along the road we've been splitting, no one touching it, we have plenty to go around. There is an OAK tree still down no one has touched down the road....yes, OAK, big beautiful OAK! I'm not kidding, there are more trees down than up around here!

I know the feeling. Theres enough wood within walking distance to keep me going for a couple years. Just gotta buck it, haul it, split it and so on ;lol.

I know the feeling. Theres enough wood within walking distance to keep me going for a couple years. Just gotta buck it, haul it, split it and so on ;lol.

I've got friends saving their downed trees for me. Just have to get to it, time wise.

I've got friends saving their downed trees for me. Just have to get to it, time wise.

There it is. I've bucked as needed and split about 4 cords and probably have 2 to go before I start getting more. I get the rounds somewhere dry off the ground and take my time. It goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.