Sandy Trees

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firewoodjunky

Sep 18, 2010
Central/Western MA
Well I was able to get out and survey the full effects of Sandy on Wednesday. I am thankful that we avoided the worst of the storm. Just some trees took a hit, nothing else. I feel for all of those out there who have suffered through much worse during this storm and I hope that things improve for them as rapidly as possible. My town suffered through a tornado last year and we are still cleaning up. It's not easy.

OK, onto some pics (because I know, I know, if we don't see pictures it didn't happen!)

First two pics are pre-storm, I was cleaning up a red oak that had been down for a few years, it was perfectly balanced across two rocks so the wood stayed in great shape.

Red Oak

Red oak before the storm.jpg

Some of the red oak bucked and stacked (I really need a quad because lugging these guys out of the woods is not fun)

Red oak before the storm - in rounds.jpg

Onto the storm...the top third of a white pine snapped off in the front of the house (it's the one in the middle)

Snapped white pine, front of house.jpg

Here's that top partially prepped -

Top of the white pine, bucked.jpg

End of the road (the dog is considering that tree as a bit too large to run around with)

End of the road.jpg

Top view of that downed tree

End of the road canopy (smaller pic).jpg

One down at my neighbors place

Second tree down in neighbors yard.jpg

Moving on into the back of the property, I'll post two pics of this guy because I think it's pretty cool

Back of the woodlot 3.jpg

Same tree, different picture

Back of the woodlot 4.jpg

And continuing on to the lower part of the lot

Lower left of the woodlot.jpg

I just reached my ten image cap, so I'll throw the last couple on a follow up post. I think there are only one or two left.

Here are the last couple of pictures -

Maple down in the back yardish area

Back of the house - maple down.jpg

Cleaning up the same maple

Cleaning up the maple in back.jpg

One more in the woodlot (but I can't really remember where it was, getting old isn't easy!)

I forget where this one was.jpg

And another in the back of the woodlot

Lower right of woodlot.jpg

I have some work to do.....

And I gotta get a quad before I keel over from a heart attack humping these things out :)

Yeah, my ability to cut has been severely diminished by a certain 7 month old....

I'll probably get this cleaned up just in time for the next storm :)

Status
Not open for further replies.