Sandy Wallops Levittown, PA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stax

Minister of Fire
Dec 22, 2010
Southeastern PA
Hurricane Sandy was the most destructive storm to hit Levittown, PA since it was built in the 50's. Although not nearly as bad as the Jersey Shore, we got hit real hard.
Sandy 1.jpgSandy 2.jpgSandy 3.jpgSandy 4.jpgSandy 5.jpg

In some "sections" there were multiple houses with trees on them. If you're an Oak burner (I'm not because of seasoning time), you'd have wood for the rest of your life.
Sandy 6.jpgSandy 7.jpgSandy 8.jpgSandy 9.jpgSandy 10.jpg

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
My buddy had a cluster of Black or Honey locust trees fall in his backyard. This pile is from the first cutting. More to do today. After being without power for 2 days, I was able to score me a generator from the Depot. Just last night as I was building shelter for it from the rain...OUR POWER CAME ON! We were without power for 4 days. 2 days with the genny.
Sandy 11.jpgSandy 12.jpgSandy 13.jpg Sandy 14.jpg

That's quite a mess. scenes like that all over the East coast. That's Black Locust there. Good stuff. Burns as hot as Oak and seasons 3xs faster. Take all you can get.

That's a shame. Levittown's an historic place. Those have to be trees that were planted when the original development was put up. I hope that personal injuries & structural damages were not great. Wish I could beam over there & help out. Rick

Is that related to the Levittown on Long Island?

Status
Not open for further replies.