santa brought us a clydesdale for xmas

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phenolic

Hearth Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
central TX
santa said because we were so good this year he brought us a clydesdale insert. the first break in fire went great. no smoke in the house, got the stove up to ~150-200 degrees. supposed to be 83 here today so will probably wait until tomorrow to do the next one.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 364
You must have been a VERY good boy/girl this year !!!!

You were very, VERY good this year, apparently. I've drooled over that stove at the local stove shop, its a real beast. The question is, does it really get THAT cold in Texas to justify that many BTUs?

Congrats on the install.

Thats actually a nice heater for warmer climates. Its a very soft heat..not so much of a raw heating beast as a larger steel insert. Huge glass is great. Toss a few splits in, pour a glass of mead and enjoy

it's usually pretty warm here so it will probably get medium use in jan/feb and occasional use in dec/mar.

i had enough space for it but more importantly it was the only one my wife really liked :)

i'm excited to get her broken in (the stove that is) and really load it up for a long burn.

I have an Avalon 1190 insert in a 1200 sq ft house just north of Houston. I love it. You can’t use it over then 60 degrees outside or it gets too hot inside.

When is the 40’s is just great with a small fire and it is great for over nights.

Robert

I was wondering why a Clydesdale thread was in the Hearth :cheese:

Congrats !!! Santa sometimes does kick ass !!

Status
Not open for further replies.