1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Santa came again

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by begreen, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    This has been a good year. Our neighbor is building a new place and had to take out some trees. He asked if we wanted them. No problem I said. It took 6 truck loads in the little Ranger, but here's the happy surprise. It's a 50/50 mix of alder and CHERRY, woohoo! All cut to stove length. There was about 2 cords total. Together with the earlier locust score, we are set for next year's wood. Now it's time to get splitting.

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Redox

Redox Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Burbs of B'more, MD, Hon!
    I burned some cherry last year for the first time. Good stuff and nice smell! I still have some I've been saving. My wood pile is starting to look like a wine cellar. Let's see, how 'bout a nice red oak from '06? Yeah, that should go nice with a rerun of Planet Earth...

I just scored some mulberry from the SIL; about 4 Chevys worth. I think that will be next winter's cold weather wood.

Chris
  3. JustWood

JustWood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Arrow Bridge,NY
    Just scored roughly 10 cord for my dads OWB from the neighbor. We cleared a few acres next to his shop so he has more room to park trucks. Mostly ash ,apple and aspen. Less wood I have to donate (to dad) down the road and got paid to remove it.
  4. glacialhills

glacialhills Member

Loc:
    S.W. Michigan
    "He's makin' his list, and checking it twice." Guess you have been nice this year. Gotta love that pile. The color of that cherry is just beautiful. Gonna be some sweeet burning next year. congratulations
  5. precaud

precaud Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Sunny New Mexico
    WOW - what a score, BG! Congrats.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.