Santa Fe - It's finally alive...!!!! Pics included.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geek

Minister of Fire
Feb 28, 2008
Central CT
It finally happened, installed the cheap t-stat that came with the unit in the meantime until I get something better.

First experience was a bit scary or I was worried because it was throwing smoke through the left convection blower so it filled the whole basement with smoke, it happened in the startup cycle until the stove finally started throwing heat, heavy smell of burn and something very hot, I guess this is normal so it is going through the "cure" process for the first time.

This stove is sweet, VERY quiet...!!!!
If I compare it to my Englander: the Englander is like a loud helicopter flying close to your house....LOL

So far so good and I'm liking it, again so quiet and the wife said "wow, what's up with that other stove we have on the 1st floor"....she is impressed so far and gave me thumbs up.... :)

Here are a couple pics, the smaller black pipe to the right in the back is the outside air, I used PVC and the flex pipe to connect to the stove and flex pipe to the outside connection.

Attachments

• Picture 006 small.jpg
    Picture 006 small.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 837
coupe more...

Attachments

• Picture 007 small.jpg
    Picture 007 small.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 812
  • Picture 008 small.jpg
    Picture 008 small.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 806
another angle...

Attachments

• Picture 009 small.jpg
    Picture 009 small.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 771
Yes, Now we can say it happened and it was worth the wait.

Nice looking stove and install. You done good geek!

jay

Oh and about time too! hehe and Forgot to ask What pellets you burning in it and Hows the heat output from it?

Nice install, like the hearth pad. Did you make that yourself? Enjoy the new stove, looks like it will keep you nice and warm!

Finally the teasing is over! About time geek.
Just kiddin with ya ;-)

Very nice!

thanks jay, here's one more pic...can't wait to get me one of those wireless t-stats.....!!

Attachments

• Picture 003 small.jpg
    Picture 003 small.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 772
tinkabranc said:
Finally the teasing is over! About time geek.
Just kiddin with ya ;-)

Very nice!

thanks tink, knew you were going to chime in....lol

I made the pad myself a few months ago.....long project .... :)

Hey, Whats that thing on the top for? Holding the matches to light it?? hehe!

How much heat that little puppy throw?

Better burn the best pellets you got or your going to get it dirty!

Bet the wiFe didn't like the new stove smellies you made! I try to burn them outside since I stunk up my house. Smell lasted for about 3 days from the Omega. Never again.

The more pictures I see the more I like it! I be over in a few, What ya got to snack on???

Just foolling with you! I do really like the looks of it, Sweet looking. I'm jealous too! :p

jay

hey jay, that's a decorative flower vase thing my wife gave me (made of clay).

hey, got a few cold ones in the fridge down here, it's on the house, lol

too bad mac is too far :)

as far as heat, throwing lots of heat, even the wife said it feels more heat coming out of this stove (using in low and med, not even high). What i am very impressed is how QUIET this little stove is, on medium and you can't barely hear the fan literally, very quiet fan.

geek said:
hey jay, that's a decorative flower vase thing my wife gave me (made of clay).

hey, got a few cold ones in the fridge down here, it's on the house, lol

too bad mac is too far :)

If I bring a few bags of the Okies I'm hoarding, He might make the trip. What else can we bribe him with, That's the only brand I don't think he can get!(here piggy piggy)

Guess we can make him bring the FOOD!

jay

bet he will.....hehe

Stove looks good congrats.
Hardwood floors in the basement
not too shabby either.

thanks guys.

the truth is that i'm very picky so everything i installed or had someone installed for me in the cellar looks very nice and neat, the laminate floor gives the room that special touch, you know....

Geek, nice install man...fire looks great! And that's a basement install?? WOW...Nice! :)

Now, understand there has been a mention of beer and pellets (all in the same post) at your house.....what's the address again?? :lol:

I may even get Eric at Kinsman to run over, as long as there's some Bud Light there.... ;-)

Congrats on the installation. Sorry to hijack the thread, but could you do me a favor and check what setting your control box is on? Control box is the clear box in the rear of the stove, but can be seen inside the right panel that opens each time you open your front door. The setting is on the grey slotted knob about the size of a pea and the number is written in tiny print in a cut out of the grey knob. If you don't know what i'm talking about, I'd be happy to explain more. Thanks.

nice install. Looks like a beauty.

freeburn said:
Sorry to hijack the thread, but could you do me a favor and check what setting your control box is on?

freeburn, better off sending him a PM about this

freeburn, let me check that when I get home tonight.
I didn't logging to the site yesterday and missed a few of posts......was watching my Yankees...!!!

yeah man, can't wait to face Philly.......go Yanks.....

Status
Not open for further replies.