Santa Fe Stove cleaning tips....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
geek said:
oh BTW, forgot to ask if I can use the PAM oil stuff in the burn pot. When cleaning the pot I saw spots that looked like if they were corrosion, oxidation, but this pot is made of ceramic I think....

Since the englander is also cleaned, do you use PAM also in the burn pot and any other areas?

Finally, what do you use to cover the vent pipe outside, something that may not look awful to the eyes.....you know.

If you want to guard the metal against condensation etc...yes. WD-40 works well too. I do this to the whole inside of my stove each summer. For the outside pipe...Not the prettiest thing in the world but a piece of panty hose work well.

geek said:
someone correct me but I think the exhaust blower on the santa fe is right there at the end of the stove in the back and to get access to it you need to remove the pipe, which in this case is REALLY sealed with silicone. When I was having this frake#$% leak from the adaptor that wouldn't stop I had to apply silicone like you cannot imagine.

I wouldn't even know how to remove this section of the tee.

Stove is new, first season and only used sporadically, perhaps around 25 bags? don't remember for sure...

If someone knows how to access the exhaust blower on this stove without removing the piping in the back let me know.

Remove the motor. Not the motor and the exhaust casing. There should be 6 hex bolts and the motor comes out independently. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't the motor upside down at an angle on this machine?...last I remember it was a wicked paint in the ass.

smwilliamson said:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't the motor upside down at an angle on this machine?....

Now, on a serious note ;-) , after looking at the owners manual, the exhaust motor actually looks very easy to get to & remove AFTER removing the rear & side covers to the stove.

imacman said:
smwilliamson said:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't the motor upside down at an angle on this machine?....

Now, on a serious note ;-) , after looking at the owners manual, the exhaust motor actually looks very easy to get to & remove AFTER removing the rear & side covers to the stove.

Ah yes, motor easy to get to...but you have to disassemble the entire stove panels to get to it.

the side panels seem to be very easy, looks like they just snap out, the rear panel seems to be more problematic but will take a 2nd look....thanks guys....

Status
Not open for further replies.