SAPPLING CUTTER FROM FINLAND

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fyrwoodguy

Feeling the Heat
i just got this new attachment for my chainsaw.
when you are cutting with it,once you cut the tree off the stump you drop the saw - grab the tree and carry it verticly to your delimb spot,or cut to lenght spot.
it fits most makes of popular brands of chain saws. it comes in two sizes. i bought the lowest-should have bought the tallest (i'm 6'4")
the cost of this handle is kind of expensive,but worth every pennie!! $520 usd. it comes from finland.

th_APURIFELLINGHANDLE7-1.jpg

th_APURIFELLINGHANDLEj1pg.png

th_APURIFELLINGHANDLE.jpg

i am thinking of selling these out of my chainsaw shop. let me know what you think!
my 16 year old son took it out of the box,and had it together in no time. he's the one holding it for pic.easy assembly.

Thats pretty cool, but for $520 I'll buy a spare 346XP, some new chaps and knee pads and just do the work on my knees.

$50-75, ok I'm interested, but 10x that? Uh-uh.

Seems like the weed eater with saw blade would be faster and easier. (and cheaper)

smokinjay said:
Seems like the weed eater with saw blade would be faster and easier. (and cheaper)

+1 exactLEE. Better for your back too.

+2 for saw blade on a wacker. Or saw blade on a gravely if you have one

Sjomebody in Sweeden studied this in Lithuania. Cutting 181 meter^3/hectare of sprouts for firewood. Using hand tools, it took 2.76 hours/meter^3. Using the Apuri Felling Handle, it took 1.70 hours/Meter^3. Did not compare the Apuri equipped chainsaw to an unequipped chainsaw. I don't think this looks very helpful. Maybe the decimal was misplaced in the currency conversion.

http://webbshop.cm.se/System/ViewRe...ceb78478cfe24e4897148149d2d52198/ER212002.pdf

One hectare = 2.5 acres. One cubic meter = 35 cubic feet

Status
Not open for further replies.