Saranac convection blower on the way out?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 1, 2011
maryland
I'm thinking the convection blower on my Saranac insert is wounded. It sounds fine on levels 1-4 but on 5 or manually turning the fan to high it is much louder than it used to be. I hit it with some oil and that did not quiet it down. Do you guys think it's time to source a new one?

Sorry no one got back to you. Many of the convection blowers are sealed bearings that cannot be lubricated. Just lost our convection fan; luckily we have a second stove uninstalled so I had a replacement blower. We lost lots of heat yesterday while doing repair so, if it was me, I would source out the new blower;)

Status
Not open for further replies.